From the creators of the feature film A Light for Greytowers
Kol Neshama Performing Arts Intensive
Wednesday, July 6th to Tuesday, August 16th
We are delighted to announce that we are producing two new stage productions:
The Return of the Shpielbergers (Comedy Improv) and Five for Five (Musical Drama)
Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 4:30pm
Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Participants will learn how to develop a beautifully tuned instrument through technique and coaching
Students will explore theatre games, scene study and improvisation
Girls will stretch and grow though daily classes and choreography
(1) 3rd to 6th grade
(2) 7th to 12th grade
Our wildly successful overnight program for out-of-town campers is entering its fourth year! The fully-supervised dorm program will include Sunday trips like hiking, the beach, the Santa Monica Pier or outings with a local family. Weeknight activities will include swim parties, trips to the Grove, performance workshops, dinner and Torah at the Garbose’s, Jewish movie night, laundry and pizza night as well as other innovative activites. Shabbosim will alternate between in with the Madrichot and out with a Kol Neshama family or relatives/friends. The overnight experience is jam packed with very limited free time!
Just a word about our dress code — Kol Neshama does not have a uniform. The girls may come dressed as they wish as long as their clothing strictly adheres to the rules:
- Skirts must cover the knees when sitting and NO SLITS.
- Shirts must cover the collar bones, elbows (long sleeve or long three-quarter) and midriff at all times.
- The girls must wear knee socks/knee highs or tights at all times. Leggings with bobby socks are okay, but bobby socks alone are not.
Testimonials from previous students:
- “Kol Neshama is amazing! It is great to have professionals teaching us and helping us improve in our acting, dancing and singing. It’s so exciting and fun to use everything we have learned and practiced (and practiced and practiced!) to make a video or play in the end of the summer, and later, to see the fruits of our efforts. Robin Garbose is incredible… the girls are so nice and I made friends that I hope I will keep in touch with. Thank you everyone for a wonderful summer!” — Nechama M. from Los Angeles
- “The program all together was inspiring, fun and exactly what I’ve always wanted to do. Every day I learned something new and helpful either in dance, drama or singing. It was a good chance for everyone to really show their talents in a creative, fun and also Yiddishe way. It was the best summer of my life, and I will never forget it!” — Shaindy H. from Brooklyn